You may be wondering if intuitive eating is right for you. Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- You’re staring at an unappetizing salad in front of you. You look up and see others at the dinner table eating and enjoying pasta and think, “Why can’t I eat like that?” You want to learn how to eat normally, too.
- You step on the scale in the morning and look down at the number. It’s higher than last week, and your mood immediately sinks. You think, “No sugar or carbs today.” You try to muster up the enthusiasm, but can’t find it in you.
- You find yourself routinely overeating or getting up to search for more food after a meal, and are unsure why. "Why can't I stop eating? What am I really searching for?" You want to feel in control while you eat.
- You don’t know much about nutrition and are interested in feeling healthier, but going on a diet has zero appeal. “How can I eat healthy without feeling like I’m eating plain chicken breast and broccoli all day?”
Intuitive eating is for everyone, chronic dieters and non-dieters alike. We are born eating intuitively. Somewhere along the way, we get disconnected with our innate hunger and fullness cues as we absorb mixed messages from authority figures, the media and society. What results is confusion, anxiety and a general apprehension about what you should and shouldn’t eat.
The Real Deal is designed for the individual confused about what to eat, but wanting to reject the dieting mentality for good. You will discover a lifelong eating approach that is balanced, fun and unique to you. The focus is not on weight or weight loss, but on establishing sustainable, healthy behaviors that respect your body’s needs and support your physical and mental wellbeing.
One-on-one counseling will change your relationship with food as you become more attuned to what, when and how much your body needs through intuitive eating practices. By undertaking this journey, you will:
- Never calorie count or follow a meal plan
- Challenge the Food Police, that annoying voice that tells you what is “good” or “bad”
- Reduce guilt around eating
- Discover foods you actually love and make you feel good
- Trust yourself around your favorite foods and feel in control when eating
- Become in touch with food’s physical effects on your body
- Find alternative coping mechanisms that do not involve food
- Discover joyful exercise that does not feel burdensome
- Arrive at your natural body size and learn to make peace it
- Maintain or increase meaningful social interaction
- Feel happier and healthier
Eathority will be there every step of the way to make sure you have support and guidance as you learn to adopt a non-diet life in a diet-filled world.
The packages below are designed to ensure your long-term success, and are available in-person or virtually.